Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog Tour & Review: Desires of the Dead (Body Finder 2) by Kimberly Derting

Synopsis:

The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.

When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.

Details:
  • Pub. Date: February 2011
  • Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
The Elliott Review:

I enjoyed this book even more than The Body Finder. I felt that it took the suspense to the next level as she discovers yet another murdered child and begins receiving threatening messages from an unknown person who obviously means her ill-will. The FBI's interest in Violet also adds to the tension building within her. Although she has already survived a terrifying serial killer, Violet now has a new mystery to solve while also coming to terms her ability and her responsibility to use it to help others.

I enjoyed seeing how Violet's character was further developed in this second book. I feel that it gives the reader a clearer view of what is going on with her emotionally. She massively stuffs her emotions, thoughts, and fears rather than expressing them and receiving help from the people who care about her most. Since I do the opposite whether I want to or not, I was so frustrated with her at times, but I loved that we were able to see her in this capacity.

My favorite thing about the book was the progression of the relationship between Violet and Jay. I enjoyed it in the first book but thought it was a little too "easy." Now, however, the couple is tried and tested due to circumstances and Violet's tendency to hide everything. Throughout everything that happens between them, I felt the emotional ups and downs as if I was personally involved.

I love how the plot was wrapped up at the end! I hope that there are more books to come in this series... And soon!


Trailer:



Source:
Thanks to The Teen {Book} Scene for hosting this ARC tour! You can view other stops on the Desires of the Dead tour here.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the first one yet but I'm so excited to!
    I'm reading Bones of Faerie right now and then I'll read the two from the book tours since they have to go back out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...